anybody else see the Letcher Co. story on American Idol tonight?
anybody else see the Letcher Co. story on American Idol tonight?
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
I was watching.
I really have mixed feeling on that type of publicity for the Appalaaaashians. It reminds me of the time the National Geographic came to this area - they sought out the worst, most "shock value" providing people and locations.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
i think it was rather obvious they chose the one of the worst examples. sad part is, many people live like that around here. many of my students are from homes similar to that.
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
Anyone remember the story of the outside reporter that got killed in Letcher county. I think Appleshop has it. True story check it out.
GO VOLS
Is this it?
http://www.itvs.org/strangerwithacamera/
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this it?
http://www.itvs.org/strangerwithacamera/ </div></div>
Killer link. Folks were tired of the same old hillbilly feuding stereotypes and all that goes with being Appalachian. Do I fault him? NO. We still get confused as this 3rd world piece of America.
GO VOLS
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was watching.
I really have mixed feeling on that type of publicity for the Appalaaaashians. It reminds me of the time the National Geographic came to this area - they sought out the worst, most "shock value" providing people and locations.
</div></div>
I remember that too it made me want to beat my head against the wall.....After reading it I really started to question how truthful some of there other articals are
Oprah had some one on from Coeburn once, and they picked out the worst possible person. It made our area look horrible.
Let's not forget the time the Peaks family went on Sally Jesse, and she declared them the worst guests she had on her show ever. They got kicked out of the hotel and everything.
Way to represent!
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks